*Statistical Days 2020 will be postponed to Autumn due to the COVID19 pandemic*
The next Statistical Days (Tilastopäivät) will be held on 14-15 May 2020 at the Aalto University campus in Otaniemi, Espoo.
Statistical Days 2020 celebrates the Finnish Statistical Society’s 100th year anniversary. To honor the occasion, the event program has been composed of invited speakers from a wide variety of both statistics and applications in society and academia. The speakers represent the top experts in fields varying from theoretical statistics and methods development to history of statistics, economics, machine learning, ecological sciences, and public health. We are pleased to announce that the keynote for the event will be delivered by the head of the Royal Statistical Society (RSS) and professor Deborah Ashby from Imperial College London, UK. The other speakers in the event are
- Juha Alho, University of Helsinki
- Elja Arjas, University of Helsinki
- Marjo Bruun, Statistics Finland
- Pauliina Ilmonen, Aalto University
- Samuel Kaski, Aalto University
- Heikki Kauppi, University of Turku
- Tiina Laatikainen, Finnish Institute for Health and Welfare (THL)
- Esa Läärä, University of Oulu
- Asta Manninen, Urban and regional statistics
- Ilkka Mellin, Aalto University
- Jukka Nyblom, University of Jyväskylä
- Hannu Oja, University of Turku
- Pekka Pere, University of Tampere
- Nourhan Shafik, Aalto University
- Timo Teräsvirta, Aarhus University
The event begins with a welcoming speech on Thursday, 14 May at 11.45, and ends on Friday, 15 May at 16.30. On Thursday evening, a celebratory dinner will be served in restaurant Sipuli (Kanavaranta 7A, Helsinki).
To honor the 100 years of statistics in Finland, the Finnish Statistical Society has decided to publish an updated Finnish-English dictionary of statistical terminology at the Statistical Days. In addition, the Society will — in accordance with tradition — honor excelling doctoral dissertations in statistics and related fields from the years 2017 to 2019 and a master’s thesis from the year 2019. A poster competition will also be held.
The full program will be made available on this page at a later date.
Registration will be reopened at a later date. Stay tuned.
There is also a possibility to present a poster at Statistical Days. The details of the poster presentation will be announced when the new date for the event has been decided.
The registration fees, depending on your type of membership, are
- Members 100 euros.
- Student members: 0 euros without conference dinner , 70 euros with the dinner.
- Others 130 euros.
The fee covers the conference dinner (if applicable), materials, and coffee. Instructions for payment will be sent through email sometime after registration.
For more information, please contact:
Lauri Viitasaari (email@example.com), chair of the organizing committee
Pauliina Ilmonen (firstname.lastname@example.org), chair of the Finnish Statistical Society